my 2 next soaps to make

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMakingTommy

Reaction score
So out of around 10 different soaps i want to make, i am prioritizing 2 of them.
My first soap i want to make will be a pine rosin soap, and the second being charcoal&bentonite.

For my first soap the pine rosin soap, I am unsure of exactly what difference in property's pine tar and pine rosin soaps have, But i choose to go with my own natural version and bought my own pine pitch and refined it into the rosin witch im thinking is going to produce a superior product.
I am not sure of the base oils exactly as i have not formulated it yet, But it is in the works, as soon as i get my soap mold in the mail and have everything i need. I want my bars to look pretty this time.
I will be using spruce hemlock essential oil for this soap, I am thinking of adding another but am unsure, Any ideas what might go good with spruce hemlock?

As for my second soap, the charcoal&bentonite i kind of improvise the idea today from thinking of everything i bought for my hobby/business.
Originally i was going to go with a pure charcoal soap witch i still might do, But thought of how cool it would be to add the bentonite to the soap but not mix it in completely with the charcoal, so im deciding i will be making a charcoal&bentonite marble soap, or swirly, how ever you wana call it.
Same situation above for the base oils.
As for the eo's on this soap i will be using, its a bit harder for me to pick as i want something that will resemble the qualitys of the bar.
im thinking something more manly in this one also something strong in patchouli and maybe some orange blossom or grapefruit?
It will come to me when i make it and when it does it will be wonderful.

Ill upload some pictures from the ipad here of my ingredients.

Let me know what you guys think of my first two unique bars of soap i am planning to make within the next few weeks?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389806973.257908.jpg my pine pitch before refine.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389807032.306780.jpg. My pine pitch is now refined into rosin.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389807080.458038.jpg. My activated charcoal

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389807103.178074.jpg. My bentonite

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389807125.831466.jpg my base oils
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389807157.178143.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389807188.775677.jpg last but not least my eo's

If you are curious what base oils I have they are:
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Apricot oil
Sweet almond oil
Shea butter
Cocoa butter
Sesame oil
Rice bran oil
Evening primrose
Olive oil
neem oil
glycerin

Clays:
Bentonite
Zeolite

And my eo's listed in another of my threads.

Latest posts

Back