MP embeds for CP soaps that go in the freezer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmakkers

Reaction score
I purchased some melt and pour bases for doing soap embeds on top. I realize now that I should have probably gone with the low sweat because I plan to put most of my soaps in the freezer to prevent gelling. Will all my embeds be prone to sweating since they will be in the freezer for 24 hours? Is there anyway I can combat this or remedy it once the soap comes out of the freezer. I was planning on pouring the MP into candy molds and then placing on top of CP piping and into the freezer to prevent gel since most of my recipes have milks in them. Would the better idea be to place my soaps in the freezer without the embeds and use a little bit of melt and pour to attach the embeds to the CP soap after it comes out?

When I did mp soap, I found that going from the freezer to the fridge to room temp greatly reduced the amount of sweating. If you can cause it to gradually warm up, that will prevent most sweating. Also, it may sweat a little at first but then subside after a few days. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back