Milk Fat and Soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumikoKeel

Reaction score
Good eve everyone, I have a question regarding Milk Fats - I want to make a coconut milk soap and "Soap Calc" does not have it on the ingredients list and yet it has dairy.

I know, some people subtract the amount of coconut milk from the water and then , some add the coconut milk at trace and or freeze it depending on preference. Milk , on the other hand seems to fall into a different category? I thought both had fats?

A little confused about how to treat Milk products compared to coconut. ( Eventually I wanted to make a yogurt soap - hence my question).

Sorry if this confuses anyone... :) Thank you,

Rhon

I treat any kind of milk the same as I treat water in my soap- as either all or part of my total liquid amount depending on how much milk I add. I know that SoapCalc has a SAP for bovine milk fat, but I never use it since I don't count my milk as part of the oil amount, whether the milk be coconut milk, goat milk, cow milk, rice milk, almond milk, buttermilk, etc.. I just count them all as part of my water amount.

HTH!
IrishLass :)

Thank you, Irish Lass and Lindy! - this clears up that question:). I'm sure there will be more...

I really appreciate this forum.

WOOTS!!! <--Happy Girl..

Back