Melting and Wrapping M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmeticaddict

Reaction score
I finally got my goats milk M&P 1 brick 2lbs. Should I cut the first part to melt. I dont want to waste the other 3 part.. Do I need to buy a thermometer to measure the temperature or should I just pour the perfume soon as I get it from the heat?

Is the regular plastic wrapper should be fine to wrap my soap?, well I dont know how do i call this plastic wrapper I bought from walmart. It is used to wrap notebooks or use as a plastic gift wrapper for gift basket.

cosmeticaddict said:
I finally got my goats milk M&P 1 brick 2lbs. Should I cut the first part to melt. I dont want to waste the other 3 part.. Do I need to buy a thermometer to measure the temperature or should I just pour the perfume soon as I get it from the heat?

Is the regular plastic wrapper should be fine to wrap my soap?, well I dont know how do i call this plastic wrapper I bought from walmart. It is used to wrap notebooks or use as a plastic gift wrapper for gift basket.

You can cut your block up any way you want, you dont have to melt all of it at once.......you dont need a thermometer for m/p, you melt it in microwave or double broiler......dont let it boil.....you add your scent after melting the m/p.......you should not use perfume.......only herbs, fo's, eo's, spices.......

bconrade884 said:
cosmeticaddict said:

You can cut your block up any way you want, you dont have to melt all of it at once.......you dont need a thermometer for m/p, you melt it in microwave or double broiler......dont let it boil.....you add your scent after melting the m/p.......you should not use perfume.......only herbs, fo's, eo's, spices.......

sorry, I didnt finish......I always wrapped my m/p with saran wrap. Have fun and good luck :D

You got nice website.. Ahhh dont know when can I start posting soaps on my website. I hope before the end of the year.

Anyway I want to know what is a saran wrap you use for your soap

Latest posts

Back