Melt moulds and trays

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Green

Reaction score
Hi would like to know were to get trays or making melts have bought mini muffin trays but would like melt to be about 20 - 22grams the trays i have are 30 gram could someone please help

Hi would like to know were to get trays or making melts have bought mini muffin trays but would like melt to be about 20 - 22grams the trays i have are 30 gram could someone please help

Hi alan as im in the uk too id probably be more help to you shop and online wise as the majority on here seem to be from america which doesnt really help anyone as shops are totally different here.

Im not sure about price or size but im sure they would help if you sent them an email or gave them a ring. Supplies for candles have got the plastic clamshell type of packaģing you can buy personally i wouldnt go that route unless your selling them even then i wouldn't go that route more and more people are getting plastic waste aware and as a result although they may look appealing this waste will put some folk off buying themp from you. They are also great for fragrance oils and sell good quality wax too although iv never bought the wax from them they sell the same type that i buy from livemoor.

Or if its just for you to make for yourself maybe try getting a candle glasses, asda sell little votive glasses for 30p if you spray it with a little oil (i use a lube spray i bought from screwfix for a couple quid) and make sure your using a pillar blend wax (parafin iv no intention to ever use or had any experience with so can only help if your using soy in certain areas) you would be able to pour into it and measure how much it would take for it to weigh 20g from memory they hold about 80-85g wax to the brim so about a quarter would be roughly 20g. This method should work fine but i have a little device that immitates a wick through a candle then has a base and that helps you pull out the wax so iv never actually tried doing it this way but pillar blend shrinks and with the oil it should be fine. Or you could just not fill it to the top of the mini muffin tins and make a mental and written note for next time to remind you where to fill up to say like start from 5mm from top to start with then go from there to go up or down?

Personally i use silicone molds that i got from lidl and from amazon over christmas they are about 5-6 grams each so i know what im working with and how much wax i need to use. When iv got a minute i will give some the melts from the older amazon molds a weigh and let you know if they are even close to your target

Your other option would be to have a look round at various sites and in shops and just have a guess comparing the individual molds with the muffin tin you have. B&m bargains have a bunch of different silicone molds for ice cubes as do the range. and again asda do a chunky ice cube tray for 2 quid that you could have a look at. Oh and also hobby craft sell the plastic type of mold not keen on these but could be worth a look anyways

Why do you want them to be 20g anyways cant you just snap it in half then put it in the bowl to melt? or are you planning on selling them? Hope this is of some use to you Alan. Why dont you introduce yourself on the welcome forum everyones very friendly and willing to give out advice but the forums are already bustling with a great variety of information. Sorry for the lenghty reply i kept on thinking of new ideas to add so it got pretty long as a result

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back