Melt and Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
So if anyone saw my intro thread, I already made my mistake with melt and pour soap.

My question is, with these droppers that one can get from a craft store like Hobby Lobby, or else where, how many drops is enough for a 1- 2lb block of melt and pour soap be it glycerin or goats milk or shea butter, to use in a silicone mold. An I am using an essentials oil , which I am learning is more concentrated and might need to be diluted first is that correct or not necessary ?

I know there are conversion charts out there on the web, but what I cant find is exactly one that says like use so many drops per pound of melt and pour soap.

Also when adding goodies to the soap, does it change the drying time or could make it gummy ? I also added a scrubbing salt, an am wondering could that have also messed up my melt and pour soap to make it a gummy mess ?

Is it okay to add things like citrus peels, and scrubbing additives with out needing to do anything to the melt an pour soap it self ? Can too much be added to make it a gummy mess that wont harden ?

Cheers.

Many of these pipettes come in 3 ml, 5 ml, and 10 ml sizes, so it would be better to figure the amount of eo or fo used in ml rather than drops. One of the best books with ideas on M&P additives and recipes is Rebecca Ittner's SOAMPMAKING THE NATURAL WAY. It has the best information on additives of any of the books on M&P that I have read.

AH HA ISG, I found out that my lil 1/2 FL Oz bottle ( 15ml) does not have any suggested use on it, merely a warning label, it is an EO though an I got it from Hobby Lobby, so my next thing to do since I am bored is to play detective find the brand and look it up. Thanks for the book suggestion as well.

If anyone else has any suggestions don't be shy !
cheers

An I just bought the book, on sale at and with a membership card so only 13 bucks not bad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back