May 2024 SMF Challenge: Hanger Swirls!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Nanna I'm so sorry, you posted here in the general challenge thread. The Entry thread is here, and it closed about half an hour before you posted. Still, if I had seen your post before I closed the challenge, I would have held it open longer just to get your post moved over. Your soap is beautiful, and the story of your parents made me a little emotional since my elderly parents are becoming so frail. 💔

@Nanna I'm so sorry, you posted here in the general challenge thread. The Entry thread is here, and it closed about half an hour before you posted. Still, if I had seen your post before I closed the challenge, I would have held it open longer just to get your post moved over. Your soap is beautiful, and the story of your parents made me a little emotional since my elderly parents are becoming so frail. 💔
Thanks AliOop🤗 my brain was a bit distracted hence the forgetting a cpl of the colour additives. It’s still a special soap for me♥️💜. It’s a tough part of life and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone💔

I'm not entering but this thread inspired me to buy a gear tie and finally try a hanger swirl. It's an OM(no H) ciaglia (using uncolored and yellow scraps). I definitely would like to try it with a more dynamic color scheme in the future. Thanks for the inspo! And good luck everyone. ✨
You get extra points for swirling ciaglia batter. 👏🏻

So I got brave enough to try a hanger swirl. I only used 2 colors since I’m still figuring out emulsion and trace, I always think it’s not quite ther, give one more 2 second burst and OOPS I did it again lol. It was supposed to be a black and white swirl ( should have used activated charcoal) and the white from BB turned pink. My co-worker asked me to make a Thieves oil soap, and all I could think of was the cartoon black and white jail outfit. What I thought was bad soda ash is sparkles from the micas, looks very pretty as it’s curing. All in all I’m pretty happy with my first try.

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpeg
    IMG_0516.jpeg
    536.1 KB
Wondering if anyone here participates in the "Soap Challenge Club" by Amy Warden? Or if you have ever participated?
I'm late to this, just catching up on the posts from before I hopped back in hehe. I participate in them, though I missed the last couple. It's a lot of fun, I learn a lot and it makes me try things I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I wish my picture quality was better. Not sure how to picture soap better. I will have to work on that.
There are several posts here that have excellent suggestions for improving photography, with many ideas that are very economical. We have some very talented photographers that are super helpful. Your soap is beautiful.

Back