making beer soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yorkiegirl

Reaction score
I am wanting to make beer soap and have had the beer sitting out for 3 days and it still foams, does this mean the beer is not flat yet?

I would say it isn't. If you want to speed up the process, whiz it in a blender for a few minutes. Then once the bubbles die off, freeze it in a container. I have never had a problem with frozen beer and lye, but I always use a deep Rubbermaid gallon size pitcher to mix in, in the event that it "volcanos" which, I still have not had happen with frozen beer!

You can also simmer it on the stove for awhile. Not only does that remove the carbonation but removes the alcohol too.

I would say it isn't. If you want to speed up the process, whiz it in a blender for a few minutes. Then once the bubbles die off, freeze it in a container. I have never had a problem with frozen beer and lye, but I always use a deep Rubbermaid gallon size pitcher to mix in, in the event that it "volcanos" which, I still have not had happen with frozen beer!

don't mean to hijack, but you don't boil your beer? just whiz and freeze?

Always put the container in your sink in case of volcanos. I have to particular IPA beers that volcano even after sitting open for a week, simmering and freezing. Dang stuff still volcanos. Always be prepared for the worst case scenario. I do still use those two beers because I make the soap for the brewery that produces it.

I let my beer sit open for a week or two in the fridge before using it haven't had an issue yet!

Back