Lye Burn Update

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Stacyspy

Reaction score
After a lot of care, medications, and Dr. visits, it looks like I'm well on the way to recovery! I have some nerve damage, that may or may not be permanent, and I will be wearing my engagement and wedding rings on my right hand due to the scar tissue build up. I'm just so thankful it has only taken 3 weeks to come this far... Hopefully, my Dr will give me the go ahead to go back to normal use.
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes, it means the world to me :)
And one more reminder to please, please, please check your PPE!!!

IMG_20160124_215147.jpg

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks significantly better Stacy! Ever since I saw your post with the horrible burn I've been looking at my gloves constantly. Yesterday I noted a small tear in one from my fingernail so off it went immediately. I'm so sorry you had to go through this but hopefully it'll help someone else avoid such a horrible and painful ordeal. Keep on healing and soaping!

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad your recovery is on the up & up. Your hand is looking pretty good, in all honesty. Hope all is well for you.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So glad you are on the mend. It's looking much better.

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is lots better! I am so happy for you!

I really hope the mods are looking at your original post for the possibility of making it a stickie! As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words!

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Glad you are healing well.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks so much better. Hope the nerves repair too. I'm really happy for you that it is healing well.

JayJay

Reaction score
Gosh, what an ordeal. I have been wondering how your recovery was going. Thank you for giving us an update. Wishing you a speedy continued recovery!

Latest posts