Liquid soap turned solid?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytreats

Reaction score
So I want to share something very odd. I made a batch of liquid soap and divided it into two. One half was scented with candy smelling fragrance oil and the other half was scented with a cucumber fragrance oil. The batch with the cucumber fragrance oil has gone all wonky. It first turned cloudy, which was no big deal. Then it transformed into a pearlescent milky white. I thought it was so cool and it still smelled the same. Then it started changing AGAIN. it went back to a cloudy appearance and then back to the milky consistency within a week. It stayed that way for probably 2 months. Yesterday when I took a look at it in the bottle, it basically has solidified! When I turn the bottle upside down, the soap doesn't move.

What in the heck happened?! Is this just the way it reacted with the FO?

I don't think it's the coconut oil that I use to make the soap because all of my other liquid soap bathes are perfectly fine. I use polysorbate 20 in all of my batches as well.

What is this madness?!

Latest posts

Back