Lightening strike

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
8.00 o'clock New Years eve we had a huge thunder storm,the telegraph pole opposite our house was struck by lightening managing to completely wipe out the top 2 metres of the pole leaving the wired dangling across our road, we had one enormous bang and then a second bang as it hit the house.So New Years Eve was spent lighting candles and winding up our emergency radio so we could count in the New Year.No power until yesterday afternoon which was really quick considering we live in the country and they had to replace the whole pole and redo all the lines.I am totally addicted to the computer and not being able to communicate with the outside world drove me crazy but worse still was the wait to see just what the lightening strike had destroyed in the way of household goods when the surge went through our line.It wasn't as bad as it could have been,we lost the modem and my husbands computer not mine thankgoodness everything in the freezer hadn't even started to defrost so we were lucky there since the weather is still quite humid .All in all we were extremely lucky but what a way to start a New year. :lol:

Crazy! SO glad you're ok. 2010's gonna be an exciting year. :)

Latest posts

Back