leather and lavender men's soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartsong

Reaction score
just did a rtcp whipped soap this weekend for my dear hubby and it smells sooooo good!!!

i got tired of the same old stuff and blended 3 parts LEATHER and 1 part LAVENDER from www.soapsupplies.net it's a nice rugged, sexy scent.

hubby is not a soap enthusiast like me, and i've caught him sniffing the curing soaps several times-in fact he left my studio door open so the scent comes into the house! and now he's asking when they'll be done!

this scent is a KEEPER!. :D

i'm also going to try blending leather and lilac for a slightly sweeter scent.

happy days!

That does sound like it would be good. Lavender is a big hit w/ the men I find. Mine loves lavender vanilla.

Tabitha said:
That does sound like it would be good. Lavender is a big hit w/ the men I find. Mine loves lavender vanilla.

That's interesting. I read something awhile back that said men have a different physiological response to vanilla than women, which is why women generally like vanilla more than men. I can't STAND vanilla!

SimplyE said:
That really sounds amazing! How did you come up with that combo???

i used to blend lavender with sandalwood, sage, patchouli and all the base scents for men. it just got rather dull. i LOVE the scent of leather in a saddle shop, and when i saw the f/o i thought i'd try it out.

another great blend is juicy lime and lavender.

i wish i could post pics, but i'm on a shared net-i can download, cut, paste or anything right now. all i can do is surf and chat. perhaps in the near future things will change. it's company paid, and it's hard to argue with "free"! LOL!

monet

Thanks for the leather angle. Not sure whether leather is marketable but I am man, and I love lavender, who knew, so I am going to order some leather and see how it feels.

Latest posts

Back