Leaky Oil in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may be true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's helpful/constructive to point it out.

I was never on the Dish, but as far as I know it was an older soaping forum that tended to be pretty inimical to newcomers / unexperienced people. Again, not my personal experience since I have none.
Thank you!😁

That may be true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's helpful/constructive to point it out.

I was never on the Dish, but as far as I know it was an older soaping forum that tended to be pretty inimical to newcomers / unexperienced people. Again, not my personal experience since I have none.

I was a member of The Dish for some years, and your opinion is accurate. There were a few amazingly educated and experienced members who were willing to share their insights and were often extremely helpful It was always worthwhile to visit The Dish occasionally to see what these folks had to offer. I wish there were archives from The Dish that preserved what these people had to say, but sadly that didn't happen.

Unfortunately, there were other members of The Dish who used the forum as a venue to pick on people they decided "didn't measure up" somehow. This culture of rudeness wasn't discouraged, so The Dish got a reputation as a real rough place for those not permitted into the "inner circle". Many people, including me, chose to lurk rather than actively participating for that reason.

I took a soft approach, but by the poster's response that she was an experienced soap blah blah blah, a little 'tough love' was in order. ANYONE claiming to have been making soap for a year SHOULD know better...it's as simple as that.
And Then I'm going to ask about the quality of that year of soap making. Not everyone has it to shell out 10+ batches in a year, especially their first year. How many batches did OP make in that first year? Who's to say that this particular issue was one where ALL beginners had gone through.

Should OP have known better? Possibly but she knows now. I'm most certainly not going to judge her in that- I wasn't in any position to do that before my TBI happened and I won't do it now either.

Back