Latest Label Creation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy8

Reaction score
Well, funny thing happened to me a few nights ago. I was working on the computer and was thinking it was to early to go to bed and thought "what should I do now"? Well all of the sudden a new label idea hit me in the head. Funny thing is I had no clue what it would turn into. What you see is the final product how it started is something a bit different. Originally I was thinking "well black and red are my two favorite colors. Maybe I should do something with that."

So what I had was a 9.5" x 3" box, just like below. It was all black and a 1/4" thick red line that ran horizontally in the middle of the black box extending all the way from the left side to the right side. I placed my logo somewhere in the middle over the red line. Then I thought "I should create a 2.5" wide box that goes completely from top to bottom, center it right in the middle of everything and make it some off the wall color so that its quite obvious and make this box my "working space." This box gives me an idea of the amount of space I have to work within that will display on one side of the soap bar. Well I ended up having to hide the red line i mentioned earlier to make some edits......then i looked at what I had like a deer in headlights and ran with it.

What I was left with, was my black 9.5" x 3" black box with a lime-ish green box smack dab in the middle and my "C8" logo inside that lime-ish green box. There have been a few minor tweaks but the over all design is the same. I later added my little story and then the black cross type graphic in the box. Not sure why, but it just came to me. After many other label creations, some of you may have seen them quite a while back, I feel very strongly about this one and feel this may be the one. Even has a nice little story to go with it. Its simple, yet bold, great design (I think), simple layout, and large recognizable logo. I have Fedex printing me 4 of these to pick up tomorrow so I can see them in a quality print form and how they will turn out. In addition to seeing if there are adjustments to be made before I do any large printing.

I am also thinking of changing the color (The green area and the green "The Beginnings") to match the different soaps in some way. Whether that match be based on the FO, EO, or actual bar color used. Well I will stop rambling now. Any comments or constructive criticism is always welcomed.

CigarBandIdea1_zps7aeea817.jpg

I notice you cant read "The Beginnings" so here is how it goes.
"There was a man, not just any man, but a manly
gentleman kind of man. He was a man of many
hobbies and interests. One of those hobbies was
shaving with a double edged razor and using some
of the finest shaving product available. One day
he thought of how nice it would be to make
shaving product for his personal use. That is
where the crazy adventure started. After much
time in the lab and formulating many recipes this
man has now created an assortmant of soaps to
address the needs of men. Us men dont want to
smell like mellons, flowers and sunshine. Us men
get our hands dirty and need something just as tough
to get it off. Us men like to use manly products.
Lets face it, us men just need our own soap. Now is
your chance to wave your manly flag by having your
own “C8 Soap for men” product in your bathroom"

I thought about finishing it off, or somewhere at the end, adding "Stop using your ol' ladies soap. Grab your manhood and own it." Maybe doing it like this...
"Stop using your ol' ladies soap. Grab your manhood
and own it. Now is your chance to wave your manly flag
by having your own “C8 Soap for men” product in your bathroom"

I am not sure yet if I keep it this way, I am still trying to work it out maybe, but the message will be the same.

Last edited:
Only change is that melon only has 1 "L".

Otherwise I like it. My labels for my knitting are lime green and pink, so the green is great. I like the idea of the colour block matching the scent, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Only change is that melon only has 1 "L".

Otherwise I like it. My labels for my knitting are lime green and pink, so the green is great. I like the idea of the colour block matching the scent, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Good catch on that extra L, Even after reading it, especially in fine print, I dont always notice that stuff. :)

I'm trying to imagine how this wraps around the soap bar. First, I really like the logo, nice, simple, and clean. Not sure about the black background, but the green is nice and striking. I think from a logistics point of view printing those may not look as jet black and contrast-y as they are on the screen, but you'll just have to experiment and see. Are you only doing one scent/type/etc? If not, I'm not seeing where you will be putting that info upon the label. While cute, I feel like "The Beginnings" part takes up way too much real estate and will be so small it may be hard to read. Also nit picky, but I don't like the font of "Soap for men" on the front. Looks like Times New Roman or some other generic Word font that I see every day. Just my 2 cents.

I like it!!

i also really like the last part about "grab your manhood", b/c that has a double entendre and as a consumer that part would grab my attention enough to buy it for my bf. I'm not sure where you sell, but that part could also be on a sign by the soap just to grab attention.

Very cool. Speaks right to the testosterone loving core. Lol. As a woman…I may buy the soap simply so I could give it to my husband and tell him to grab his manhood…<gig> My only thing was the C8…I saw 'Kate'. It confused me that a men's soap had 'Kate' on it…until I noticed Crazy8 as your handle. Otherwise…I laughed and thought it was brilliant!!

That's a winner! Very eye-catching, clever, professional, and simply beautiful. Well done!

Sent from my XT901 using Soap Making mobile app

Well thank you all for the input, compliments, and criticisms. I do appreciate each one of those. To address a few things, I will be sure to correct the grammatical errors, the black background does look pretty black hard to tell with the lighting in the pic. I had thes test lables printed at FedEx and I feel they look great and the green pops. I did cut one of the lables out that I had printed on my printer the other night and folded and shaped it into a cigar band as how it would look on the soap bar. Now that I have these quality labels ill be sure to make another one of those from one if these so you can see how it would wrap around the soap bar.

IMAG1083_zps4757a119.jpg

So here is the whole thing folded and what it will look like when its on a soap bar.

Front and right side
IMAG1086_zps7bb01f25.jpg

Back
IMAG1087_zpsa9aae2d5.jpg

Front and left side
IMAG1088_zps18df58eb.jpg

Front
IMAG1090_zps346c90b6.jpg

These pics really dont show the true color. I think the only thing I would change with these labels, besides some of the things already mentioned by all of you, is using glossy stock. It looks like they used a semi-gloss. I fee if I used glossy stock, that the color and added gloss would pop and really be catching. I have been debating on adding a tab on the bottom of the box to hold the soap a little better.

Well I already have some different masculine texts to try out. I have also tried them on the logo and that just doesn't work so here is what I got.

Number 1
cover1_zps46abb809.jpg

Number 2
cover2_zpsb321ab0a.jpg

Number 3
cover3_zpse3bf5c89.jpg

Number 4
cover4_zpsad85f3e3.jpg

"There was a man, not just any man, but a manly
gentleman kind of man."

Comma splice. "There was a man - not just any man, but a manly gentleman kind of man."

One day
he thought of how nice it would be to make
shaving product for his personal use.

To make A shaving product?

That is
where the crazy adventure started.

Stiff. "That's where."

this
man has now created an assortmant of soaps to
address the needs of men.

AssortmEnt.

Us men dont want to
smell like mellons, flowers and sunshine.

Melons. Don't.

No offense. If that's not what you're looking for, then I apologize - I just write ad copy and edit a lot. Those little mistakes are very common among perfectly intelligent people, but they make a big difference in how people perceive your brand.

Comma splice. "There was a man - not just any man, but a manly gentleman kind of man."

To make A shaving product?

Stiff. "That's where."

AssortmEnt.

Melons. Don't.

No offense. If that's not what you're looking for, then I apologize - I just write ad copy and edit a lot. Those little mistakes are very common among perfectly intelligent people, but they make a big difference in how people perceive your brand.

Well I usually burn grammar Nazi's but I don't see you as one. In this type of setting especially since you obviously have experience in applying this type of stuff. Thank you very much I will correct it now so I dont forget. I did kind of change the story though. I needed to make just a little room at the bottom and thought that some words could come out. So here is what I have now.

There was a man, a manly gentleman kind of man.
He was a man of many interests. One of those
interests was shaving with a double edged razor
and using the finest shaving products available.
One day he thought of how nice it would be to
make a shaving product for his personal use. That’s
where the crazy adventure started. After much
time in the lab and formulating many recipes,
this man has now created an assortment of soaps to
address the needs of men. We men don‘t want to
smell like melons, flowers, and sunshine. We men
get dirty and need something tough to get us clean.
We men like to use manly products. Lets face it,
we men just need our own soap. Stop using your
ol’ ladies soap. Grab your manhood and own it.
Now is your chance to wave your manly flag by
having your own “C8 Soap for men” product in
your bathroom.

Last edited:
Well I usually burn grammar Nazi's but I don't see you as one. In this type of setting especially since you obviously have experience in applying this type of stuff.

Thank you! I'm glad you weren't offended. This last version was just great - and I'm glad you changed it to 'we men'. It's a great label.

I love how the label comes together. I think it would look great in glossy paper.

As for the font, i'm liking either #3 or 7. The other ones just doesn't look right to me.....

Latest posts

Back