Katie of Katie's Creations here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon the soap making forum last night and spent four hours reading through posts. I am hooked!

I have been soaping for about a year and a half. It is a hobby turned small business. I have sold at just two craft fairs and will be doing my third in June. I work as a teacher-on-call (substitute teacher for those in the US), so that keeps me pretty busy.

I currently make hot process soap for a few reasons, I love being able to use the soap almost right away. I do not have the storage space to let soap cure, and also being in a basement suite my place is quite cool. I am not sure CP soap would fare well.

I came across a forum regarding soap swaps and am very interested in that. I am in Vancouver, BC and would love to take part in a soap swap if anyone in Canada, and/or BC are interested. I prefer all natural soap (no fragrance oils), although I absolutely adore some of their scents, I have been trying very hard to cut chemicals out of my every day life. Slowly but surely I have been changing my products to organic and all natural.

I am sure I will need assistance in my soap making and thank you for all that have posted already. I have learned a ton in a very short period of time.

My next step is to change the company name and create an etsy account...will defnitely need some help with the Etsy shop.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone,

Katie :)

Back