Just wanted to say Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiggleGoat

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I've been to this forum a few times over the last couple of months to get some help with making soap and troubleshooting some issues with my CP soaps. I finally decided to sign up to the site because of all the great advice I see here.

I am close to starting to sell soap in local farmers markets and will be selling in some local artisan shops quite soon. I'm totally excited and very nervous at the same time. I've been making soap for about 5 years to stay relaxed and to relieve stress and have just been giving it away to friends and family. So this year is a big turning point. It's a bit competitive up here and nobody wants to give up their soap making secrets, so hopefully I can glean some information to make my product all that much better.

Anyways, I can't wait to start posting and meet all of you.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! :D

Soapmaking is competitive but you may do quite well if you have developed a niche or have something which makes your soap different. Good luck with your business venture and I hope it's successful for you.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping to do well. I have no idea what niches are out there but I like working with goat milk in my soap and have just started shampoo bars as well. I never planned on selling at all, but everyone kept telling me to, so I did. It took me 6 months just to understand what I need to do (legally) just to start selling. I wish our laws were like yours in the United States when it came to selling true soap. It's mind scrambling in this neck of the woods (for me anyway).

Well, Goat milk is a niche. :D

I don't know what would be a niche in your area. I had to google Port Moody. I saw the transcontinental railroad was important (terminus of the Canadian Pacific Railway), Golden Spike Days, lumber and parks. Do you have a business name and logo yet? Maybe you could connect the idea of goat with something Port Moody is know for; for example, have a logo showing a goat driving an engine or hanging off a caboose? I'm just throwing out ideas here.

eta: never mind...I just noticed the gigglegoat in your sig line. Silly me. :roll:

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

I like the name of your biz. We have a goat farm next to us, so I love goats. I don't think I've ever heard one giggle though. :wink:

Hi Mike!

I love the name of your shop, very whimsical and memorable!

Shampoo bars, huh? I have some related questions about use, I'll try and find another thread to ask them in!

Colour me stupid ... I forgot about this original post and totally ignored all the nice welcomes I got. Sorry.

Anyhoo ... Thanks for the hospitality and I'm loving the forum.

Latest posts

Back