It will be my first time using palm kernel oil and %50 palm oil together. Can you check the recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilemiyorum Altan

Reaction score
Hello
Usually the recipe I use is
%25 coconut oil
%5 castor oil
%20-30 palm oil
% 40-50 olive oil.

Tomorrow I am planning to make the soap as the recipe below.
Can you check the recipe?
What are your opinions about it?
Oleic: %40
Palmitic+stearic: %31
Linolenic+linoleic: %9

Attachments

• 6 ağustos 2023 taiwan.jpg
    6 ağustos 2023 taiwan.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 0
Palm Kernel oil and Coconut oil can be used interchangeably. There is no need to use both. I have tweaked your original recipe and came up with one that will give you more bubbly lather and might be a longer lasting bar.

8% Castor Oil
20% Coconut Oil
52% Palm Oil
20% Olive Oil

No, 8% is OK. You can always keep the Castor oil at 5% and add the other 3% to the coconut oil; but your bar may not have as much longevity.

Last edited:
Palm Kernel oil and Coconut oil can be used interchangeably. There is no need to use both.
Agreed re not necessary to use both PKO and CO. Why did you choose to do that. In my personal case, I switched to PKO only because it is several 4 times cheaper than CO in my current location. I have come to really appreciate how it hardens and conditions bars more than CO. I am so used to it now that I figure that, if you are not using something else that inhibits lather, like salt, you might as well use only PKO if something like cost is your concern, especially since you can add bubbles far more cheaply with sugar.

While there is no reason to use both coconut and palm kernel, there really isn't any reason not to use both if you want.
I think your recipe looks good though I would suggest a 1lb batch when testing a new recipe.

Your recipe is fine. I agree with @Obsidian -- It's best to make a small 450-500g trial batch first to see how well you like it.

If you want to use fewer oils, my PKO, Palm, Olive Hair & Body Shampoo Bar was his favorite. ;)

Attachments

• Zany's Palm Olive Grams.pdf
    104 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back