Is there a difference?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty n Plain

Reaction score
Before we moved our goat girls on we ended up with 4 litres of colostrum, so I was wondering to myself does the goats milk colostrum add any extra benefits compared to standard goat milk in cp soap?

Interesting question! I believe colostrum has more vitamins, minerals and antibodies than regular milk - whether that would do anything for the soap or not . . .

Me, I freeze it and keep it for the following year's kidding season. :D

Given that Colostrum is so very much the first food any baby recieves I would think it is loaded with lots of concentrated goodies but been 25yrs since I did maternity as part of my training so could be wrong but I know they love to make sure little human babies get it

Human colostrum has a different mix and types of sugars and fat to help regulate a newborn's blood sugar levels... if anything, goat's milk colostrum might have more sugar (overheating issue, maybe).... and it might add a little less fat... if it's similar to human's. I'd just treat it like normal with a small batch and adjust if needed.

Thanks all for your input, i'm itching to get started to give it a go, I wasn't sure if the extra goodness would play a part in the outcome of the soap or not Amy, good suggestion on starting off with a small batch first, I tend to be a bit like a bull in a china shop when I have a new soap idea, do first and think later lol.

Latest posts

Back