Is so hot in Texas .....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunRiseArts

Reaction score
That I bought a soap kit on clearance at the craft store, and even though it was with AC in the vehicle it almost melted. I pushed my thumb to it....

I have my coconut oil in the ice box. Put it outside in the back porch for 5 minutes to soften it, and it completely melted.

Is like an oven out there ..... 20180724_191401.jpg

Last edited:
So hot in Texas. Our poor AC has been running non stop and still can't keep up. Hopefully it'll get us through this one.

It is hot is here also and we are getting Arizona's Monsoon flow. Have a market tomorrow and it is supposed to be over 105-110º, but thankfully IL not 118º. It was close to 114 Sunday when we did the Quartzsite run. yuk.....I hate hot weather

It has been hot and dry in NW Missouri. Temps this last month or so have been above average.

We've been having a hot dry summer which is rare for us too. We are actually boarder line drought right now and will be drought if we don't get some rain soon. My air has been working double time this year. But fortunately due to not much rain the mosquitos are very limited for the first time in a long time. I'm not going to complain, I'll take the heat over what's coming our way again sooner than later.

Last edited:
When we moved it was only in the 101-104 range, not like this past week that we are running more in the 110 range. A box of my soaping oils broke on falling from the back of my car when I opened it up. My CO was mostly melted by the time it rolled down to the street, and my lard was melted in less than 10 minutes while sitting on the driveway. I really am hoping this weather breaks soon!

We had a storm move through last week, and it dropped from 103 to 73 in 15 minutes!

Back