Is it ok

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savvynurse

Reaction score
After 3 hrs ... Is this ok? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1375216579.078267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

25 % co, 3% castor,40% oo, 30% po,2% Shea...12.1 water and 4.35 sodium... Added 2scoops powdered gm and 1.5 scoop diatomaceous earth.., should have added this to the pic. Sorry

It looks OK to me. If it is solid enough to unmold and cut and does not zap, then it should be fine.

It looks OK to me. If it is solid enough to unmold and cut and does not zap, then it should be fine.

I'm with lsg- unmold it as long as it isn't warm. Is there something that should be wrong with it or that you were worried about? It looks like pretty soap.

Not solid enough yet.... Still squishy in center and warm..... Thinking the top cooled off before the center was done gelling and then it cracked through... What do y'all think?

Sometimes when soap overheats it will crack. I have had batches do that, but they were still OK to use. Most of my soap needs 12 to 24 hours (depending on the recipe), in the mold before it is solid enough to come out.

After 3 hours? Saponification is still in progress. I would wait between 12 and 24 hours. After all - why the hurry? (I know....the anticipation! :-D ) Remember - good things come to those who wait.

Your right the anticipation got me and I had to sneak a peakjust was alarmed at what I saw

Oops I didn't know it had been in the mold for only 3 hours- leave for at least 12. :) Anyway, it's pretty soap. I didn't see any cracks at all in it. If you notice that a soap overheats and cracks- try a sneak peek if your worried and you will notice it. When the soap is still hot- take some alcohol and spray it on the crack and smooth it over- it works.

Dont get mad at me..... Crayola indigo.. It's personal use so I used crayons

Very pretty....It looks like you only had a bit of overheating in your first photos and I've had that happen a time or two or three and the soap is perfectly fine. Congratulations on a nice soap!

Latest posts

Back