Is it just me who is messy??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
Now l run a tight ship when it comes to the cleaning etc and l hate things being out of place but get me soaping and my kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it.The microwave gets splattered with soap which since its sitting on the small freezer also gets a liberally splattering too.Tonight my kitchen floor is covered in bright blue soap droppings ,last night l was doing little girl Xmas treats and l managed to track gold and sparkles through the house.I have managed to get soap on the computer keys and nearly melted the mouse because l had FO on the hand that uses the mouse.I bought some partly used fragrances off ebay and the bottles looked like new l only have to use a fragrance a couple of times and you would swear the bottle was a year old
if you are lucky if you can still see the label.Why do l turn in to an untidy messy woman when l am anywhere near soap? :oops:
I think l had better stick with Melt & Pour goodness knows what l could do with lye. :lol:

i usually keep my mess to the countertops. i soap right by the sink though so if/when i do make a mess, i can usually clean it up pretty fast.

Yes, it's just you.:lol: :lol: :lol:
The rest of us keep spotless work environments. Perfectly organized at all times.
NOT.
You're in good company!

Edited to add: When DH sees me in my soap room working he starts humming the theme song from the Swedish Chef on Sesame Street. Then he ducks and runs for cover lest I throw my stick blender at him.

I am messy by nature. :oops: One nice side benefit of my soaping is that I have to clear off the island before I cover it up with a tablecloth and my soaping supplies. I always wash up immediately after.

If I had the opportunity to soap everyday, my kitchen would probably be immaculate! :)

Jude

lol yeeeeaaaah I thoroughly destroy the kitchen every time i am in there whether its cooking, soaping or what have you.. lol

Glad l am not the only one ,l think my problem is Christmas is coming too fast .With Melt & Pour ,l can have half a dozen projects going at once and l dash around the kitchen like somebody demented.When l have the kitchen remodeled l just have to have a place for the microwave which lives in the laundry at the moment which although next to the kitchen still means l have to do a mad dash backwards and forwards.
I had to groom our white chinchilla cat today and guess what l found ,a very becoming pink streak of strawberry soap and fine gold blobs(Royal gold mica).I don't even remember her being in the kitchen when l used that combination. :lol:

I'm a messy cook, which is why I do all my soapmaking in the laundry room, in the basement. DH set me up a counter, there's a laundry tub for water, and I have a one-burner electric stovelet, and a microwave down there.

That way I can close the door and nobody need walk through the mess until I finish and clean up, which I like to do at day's end.

I have been making soy wax tarts/melts for the last couple of days and l really appreciate what a joy M & P is to clean up.Soy wax makes a whole lot more cleaning than soap base l love it when M & P gets on the floor a hot mop gets rid of it whilst with the wax l have to go around with a scrapper.Might just make me change my bad habits and not so messy. :lol:

Woodi said:
I'm a messy cook, which is why I do all my soapmaking in the laundry room, in the basement. DH set me up a counter, there's a laundry tub for water, and I have a one-burner electric stovelet, and a microwave down there.

That way I can close the door and nobody need walk through the mess until I finish and clean up, which I like to do at day's end.

lol yeaaah im the same way :)

Back