Induction top HP temp?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biglou13

Reaction score
I can control the temperature digitally
All the direction and videos I’ve read say low on slow cooker
What is suggested actual temp, since I can control it?

Tallow 50%
Coconut oil 40%
Stearic acid 20%

Hey @Biglou13! I always try to HP around 70C (158F). I can't control the temps that well so I'm often a bit above it. If you're not using any sugary additives you can definately go a bit higher and since your recipe has stearic acid I would actually recommend a higher temp. I have occasionally let the temperature go up to 100C (212F) without any trouble. If you're using higher temps, just try not to stir too much so there isn't too much water evaporating[emoji6]

Maybe I should add I don't have induction. I just use my oven with an oven thermometer, contolling the temperature by opening and closing the door while it's on the lowest temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm never done HP in an oven, but I assume the process isn't radically different from a slow cooker. I do like to give my soap a few blasts with the stick blender, and also scrape the sides well with a silicone spatula so there aren't overcooked bits. According to Google, a slow cooker on low is about 200F (93C). I would start with that. You can always cook it more, you can't uncook it. I cook mine on low for about 30 minutes, (with at least 2 stick blending sessions), and then turn it to high to bump it over.

I OHP and over the years I've done as high as 200F. For the last several years, I cook at 180F. Once my soap is in the oven, I don't touch it until cook is done. With my current soap formula that's about 45 minutes. I'll stir the soap after it comes out of the oven to break up the surface to facilitate cooling so I can do my additives after it cools down some. This is the process I've followed for close to 20 years using all sorts of different soap formulas.

Latest posts

Back