Ideas on which EO to blend for my next batch...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G. Man

Reaction score
Ok, having trouble coming up with a scent for my next batch. I'm hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction. Here is a list of my EO's.

CINNAMON CASSIA (2OZ)
PEPPERMINT (20Z)
WHITE THYME
CITRONELLA (2OZ)
GERANIUM
LEMON
LEMONGRASS
GRAPEFRUIT
LAVENDER
ROSEWATER CONCENTRATE
JUNIPER BERRY
BERGAMOT
MARJORAM
CAMPHOR
PATCHOULI
EUCALYPTUS (2OZ)
TEA TREE (30Z)
CEDARWOOD
ROSEMARY
SPEARMINT

If I didn't specify amount it's a 1 0Z bottle. I just wanted to give an idea of how much I have to work with. It's going to be a small batch of soap. Maybe 2 lbs of oil. Open to any suggestions, THANKS!! :)

I love the Rainbow Meadow calculator too and use it as a guide often.
Also, when choosing scents I like to try to match them up with the ingredients and colors of my soap or vice versa. It sounds like you already have your soap recipe.

That being said, out of your list of EO's a couple of my own and friends/family's personal favorite combinations can be made: Patchouli-Lavender and also
Lavender-Peppermint-Spearmint. You have a lot of possibilities though and should definitely check out that calculator - it's fun to play with anyway:)

You can use the cinnamon and add some spices, like all spice, nutmeg, etc. It would be great for this time of year.

I LOVE rainbow meadow... I have gotten some really good blends from there

Back