Idea for new batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9770.JPG

I tried today one of these bars and this is what i got

IMG_9849.JPG

Nice, creamy lather. Its not too hard bar so you dont have to rub it like maniac to get lather . I checked recept and its lard 90%+10% Castor O, SF 5%, 30% water.

wow majstor you're truly gifted!! i love these soaps! gorgeous swirls too.

i've been dying to try activated charcoal but can't get any where i live -except in big granules for fish tanks! how much did you use to get this lovely grey?

like the sound of that eo as well.

jax1962 said:
wow majstor you're truly gifted!! i love these soaps! gorgeous swirls too.

i've been dying to try activated charcoal but can't get any where i live -except in big granules for fish tanks! how much did you use to get this lovely grey?

like the sound of that eo as well.

In about 300-350g of oil mass i put 1 teaspoon (not full) of grinded active charcoal. I used piece of pipe and wooden board to grind it but can be also grinded in mortar or electrical grinder. Did not yet check does it foam in black (read about such problems) because its still quite soft, much softer that last two batches and percentage of water is low 30%. Now the house if full of smell of peppers (and i only put 9g of EOs) and i feel hungry. It seems like good soap for washing before dinner, for opening appetite.

IMG_9766.JPG

this may seem like a really stupid question but could one use the ash from a fire for a grey? I s'pose it'd be more of a dirty colour than a lovely grey...just curious

Well, i dont know, for first swirl its ok but im not totally satisfied with it. I just moved ladle handle hoping for the best. If it looks good , its just pure luck :D
But i like swirling part, you could paint a picture in mold. Hmmm...

Love the gray and your swirl is great!!! I made soap last weekend with charcoal....was going for black also but added enough to get a dark charcoal gray...was doing a guy bar :)

brandnew said:
this may seem like a really stupid question but could one use the ash from a fire for a grey? I s'pose it'd be more of a dirty colour than a lovely grey...just curious

That's a very good question... I believe lye is actually made from wood ash. I know ash is very very caustic, I would be reluctant to use it in anything for skin without knowing exactly what its properties are and how it will react with soap. That's just my two cents, but please check carefully before you proceed with wood ash.

And ditto what everyone has said, that soap is gorgeous!

Just a quick little 400g castile batch with rosewood EO and embeded washing pouf. Nice citrusy EO is good match for light yellow soap.
Soap has traced very fast, maybe 2-3 minutes after mixing and i havent even added EO yet. And i was planning to pour in mold while still in light trace to better embed pouf...
Lye was 35C maybe that was problem... Anyway, after 6 hours i unmolded it

IMG_9776.JPG

IMG_9770.JPG

I tried today one of these bars and this is what i got

IMG_9849.JPG

Nice, creamy lather. Its not too hard bar so you dont have to rub it like maniac to get lather . I checked recept and its lard 90%+10% Castor O, SF 5%, 30% water.

Hazel said:
That's awesome! I'm so impressed with your soap.

Tnx, really like the texture and colour i got, think gonna pick more nettle tomorrow to dry it to have in some new recept. In soap i used about 200ml of crushed leaves in about 250g of oils

jax1962 said:
wow majstor they are GORGEOUS! love the speckly nettle effect. Is this colour just from the nettles? it's lovely.

Yes , green is just from nettle but since theres 50% OO there is also yellow tone between specks. That would look very nice with just snow white lard.

IMG_9875.JPG

Well, i got some response from my parents for using this last nettle soap and they are very satisfied. Both had problems with skin, dad has dry hands and had to use creme and mother have white spots (loss of pigment) and dry and cracked skin. After using soap for a while ,which isnt even cured yet, situation is much better and they really like it. They dont have a problem to criticize when i cook something bad so i know satisfaction is genuine :D

Latest posts

Back