I should have done the laundry...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjude

Reaction score
Received some fos Monday (superfast shipping from Heavenscent) and made the decision to have some fun soaping versus laundry/packing for our quick trip to the Big Apple tomorrow. :)

I was always curious when fellow forum members wrote that their batter was like thick applesauce because the fo had accelerated trace and they were barely able to get their batter into the mold. In an odd way I wanted to experience this for myself. Strange, I know.:?

Yeah, well now I know. :( It was not quite soap on a stick, but it was fairly thick. I'm sure it must have been the lilac fo I added with my oils instead of at thin trace which I typically do. I tried to mix it with my spatula as well as I could and it actually looks ok in the mold. I just hope I don't need to learn the lesson of rebatching. :oops:

Ah, well. knew you would all understand. I just heard the dryer go off.

Jude

sounds like the gremlins came with your soap order... I had the same nasties this morning... Ricing and extra goodies...

I should have done laundry too.

Oh Jude ,I am sorry that happened to you. I am not soaping , but I got some lab colors today , opened a bag and canary yellow all over my sweatshirt and jeans . I had no idea it had leaked, none of the other bags did.GRRRRR. Maybe the gremlins and fairies are all over the map today.

Kitn

Don't feel lonesome everyone.....the gremlins are swarming in soap forums all over the web! :lol:

At least I know I'm in good company! :)

6 loads down, one more to go...

Jude

i bought a stick blender but i find i'm not using it much....the good thing about using a whisk and beating by hand is it give you more control over the trace....i've not had any problem w/ ricing, even when i add fo's when i beat by hand. the few times i've used a stick blender things do quicken up very fast.......

I know what ya mean about the stick blender. I went out & bought a brand new super duper model. After experiencing SOS, I use it to reach thin trace & then whisk. Unless I need to blend color in, & I have been very careful to NOT add my FO's to my color swirls, because they just accelerate so fast with the fragrance.

Latest posts

Back