I needed more shelving!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
I'm running out of space to cure soap. Went shopping for a shelving unit. Found this one but what a lot of wasted space. The bigger one was $30 more and though it had more shelves, it also had a lot of wasted space. Plus I was not sure it would fit in the space I was hoping to use. So I bought 2 of the $20 units and used just the shelves from the second. They are plenty deep for soap, and the unit fits nicely in the space! I'm so happy, I think I'll make soap!!

soap.jpg

soap 001.jpg

That looks great! Very nice to have space for soap! I know for sure that I am addicted to making soap because I am getting rid of some books (going to try selling them to a used bookstore), to make room for more curing soaps!

You know you are addicted to soap making when.... Hope they will buy your books. Or at least take them off your hands, so you have more room!

Oh Badger, you make me smile :) That sounds exactly like something I would do (if I could manage to part with books!). As it is they're boxed up and in the closet because we don't have room for them to be out, so luckily the hubby wont think of making me get rid of them to make room for this new habit! Ruthie, that is a fantastic idea! I just may have to do something like that!

I would just store the books in a closet, but we don't have any room there either.. lol! It is *very* hard for me to part with books, so this is really saying something. I am hoping that I can get a little money for them, as that would buy more soaping supplies ;-)

Ruthie, these are just the best I've attached a photo of our we have downstairs - we have to use 5 of them, but my husband put casters on so we can roll them out of the way. Another good idea is to put cotton tea towels on the shelves, you don't get any marks on your soaps then.

2_Drying Racks.jpg

Drying_1 to 3 Weeks.jpg

Drying_a3 to 6 weeks.jpg

What a beautiful soap collection. I don't have enough to need my own curing space right now, but I've got one of these in a closet with a 2 lb batch of lavender shea soap curing on it. http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/cabinetOrganizers/upperCabinets?productId=10000700&N=185&Nao=20

I didn't realize how much small airy shelving they had until I looked up that link; going to keep them in mind for when my soap collection starts to expand. First I need to figure out where in the house we have extra room, though.....

Aponi, what a beautiful selection of soaps, so nicely arranged too! Love that you can pin your notes directly on the cloth too. Thanks for showing :)

Latest posts

Back