How Soon Can Your Wrap Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveW

Reaction score
Hi All
I don't have much space to leave my soap out to cure, I just wondered after it has been cut approx 48 hours after made, can the soap be wrapped.

It seems to be dry and hard.

I use normal paper to wrap it. Would it be ok to wrap and leave the four weeks to cure ?

Thanks

Steve

I suggest you poke holes in a shoebox and keep them in there, if space is an issue. Don't wrap them because moisture needs to evaporate. In addition, the soap will lose slight mass, and the packaging will become loose which I think looks sloppy. You are best waiting at least four weeks to package (I wait as long as possible)

Ditto what Healinya said. A shoebox with holes is much preferable to wrapping.

I don't even think about attempting to wrap mine until after they have been on my racks for at least 4 weeks, but usually longer than that (unless someone requests it at week 4).

Your soap may seem dry and hard (mine does, too after a few days), but if you weigh your soap once a week, you'll see how much those dry, hard looks can be decieving.

IrishLass :)

I don't even recommend boxing it, holes or not, for at least 4 weeks. But you can always try it and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back