How much FO do you use per lb. of soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
I was wondering how much FO you guys put in your soap? I want my soaps to smell beyond great but don't want to add too much to way it irritates your skin. Also the same question about EO. Some of the soaps Ive made smell good but they are strong and I know EOs, you have to be careful with! Any info would be great! Thanks guys! Love you all!

I think it's generally 1 oz of FO per pound of soap, and .5 oz - 1 oz of EO per pound of soap.

Personally, I find some fragrances stronger than others, so I don't always follow the "1 oz per pound" rule.

I find most EO's to be very strong, so I very rarely use anything more than .5 oz per pound.

For me, it depends on the FO and how strong it is. So....anywhere from 0.5 to 1.0 oz ppo. Usually, the vendor site will recommend a range for use for their oils. Don't really know about EOs, haven't really used them.

Digit

what they said

as for strength, The Scent Review Board will often have info that can help since people post how much they use and how satisfied they were...

It makes a dif if it CP or M&P too. You want to use 1/2 as much as listed above if it is M&P.

Thanks for the help! BTW, what is the scent review board? I have never heard of that. I basically have been putting 1 oz. per 2 lbs. of soap so I guess I'm not too far off there. But some do smell stronger than others.

With MP soap I barely use any and it smells wonderfully strong (but not overpowering). With CP it depends on the FO but usually .5 to 1.0 ppo.

Latest posts

Back