how many of you have day jobs also?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you have a day job and sell?

• day job & sell

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • day job & just hobby, no selling

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • sell only, no day job

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • just a hobby!

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hopeg

Reaction score
I was just curious as to how many of you have day jobs and sell your handmade items? Do some of you plan on eventually only selling your handmade goods?

I think you need options for sell only - but don't make a living and sell only - make a living. I sell only , but have only made a bit of money so far.

Well, I am not sure where I fit in here. I am living on disability currently, so I suppose that this is just a hobby as I am not working at all. On the other hand, I do have plans on selling in the future, in which case it would mostly be trying to pay for itself. If I do happen to get to the point where I am making a profit, I will have to see what I am going to do about staying on disability and what my plans will be from there, but that is a way down the road yet... I actually have to start selling first ;-)

Oh yes I work full time but am going to have to quit soon because my body is telling me to. lol I was hoping to sell and make a living with it but I'm not sure that is possible.

I work a challenging job in journalism that is more often than not considerably over 40 hours a week. I sell, and want to ramp up, but having a hard time finding the time and energy.

I work 45-55 hrs a week in a fish market and really only sell of friends and family. seeing as they yell at me for not wanting them to pay they call it 'Ashley soap fund' there putting in. I would love to sell out side my little group somewhere down the line but not right now. I make between 1-4 batches of soap a week.(being young helps my mom says that and coffee)

I work 40 hrs/wk in fluorescent hell, then manage and renovate rental properties with DH and play taxi to my daughter. Soap making is a little slice of happiness for me because I am experimenting a lot and having some serious fun doing it. I don't think I could ever make a living off of it but I do wish to start selling in the distant future, once I have the science behind it nailed somewhat and hopefully more spare time.

Currently I stay at home with the kiddos and sell soap in the side, but nothing profitable. It's fun and hopefully will pay for itself some day. I homeschool my kids so that takes a chunk of my day and I only soap after they're in bed for the night.

All very interesting replies! I was just curious mostly about how many people actually sell and maybe make a small profit. I'm still very new but I do hope to sell in the future, maybe craft fairs and a little online, maybe Etsy. But, for now, I'm having fun just making it and giving away for people to try out! I work full time 7-4, Monday through Friday as a preschool teacher.

I'm an RN also I sell on the side but I only work 3 days a week so I have alot of free time to do my stuff.. Helps most of my children are grown and gone from the house also..

I am a full time engineer - 50 to 60 hours a week plus manage multiple rental properties - we renovate homes and rent them out. AND I will be doing the local farmers market this summer - starts next month. I guess you could say I have a day job. Several. The soap business was to be for retirement but that is a ways off.

Latest posts

Back