How long does dilution take.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
I decided to make my first liquid soap today. It looks like everything went exactly how it was supposed to. I poured in the water to dilute a few hours ago and the big chunks of translucent soap are just sitting there not doing much so far. How long does this part usually take? Is there a faster way to make the soap dissolve?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1391047755.207248.jpg

Is your crock pot on? I used high on mine, then switch to low after about 10 minutes.

Nope! I boiled the distilled water before adding but the instructions were to turn the crock pot off after it was done cooking. Maybe that's the problem! Thanks!

I think it sometimes takes overnight. Pour boiling water over paste, stir and let set. You might even need to heat it up again the next day.

Ok. I turned the crock pot on and will see what happens. I'm tired of this soap and leaving it till tomorrow sounds good! I've been dealing with it since 10:30 this morning. Thanks! At least I know that this is normal. CP is so much easier!

It can take hours to days to dissolve. Depending on your dilution and recipe sometimes more hot water has to be added. I usually leave mine in the bucket 2-3 days to see if all will dissolve before adding in more water

I poured boiling water over my liquid soap the first couple of times I made it. Then I ended up adding too much water on the second batch. I left it in the crock pot on low for several hours. The last batch I made was shampoo, and the author recommended you set the paste aside for a week before proceeding. I did that and then added water 1:1 to paste weight. I still had chunks of paste at 4 hours. So I added water 1 oz at the time until it all diluted. Turned out a perfect consistency. This will be how I handle all my liquid soap from now on.

Latest posts

Back