How do I know my HP soap is hard enough ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubychu

Reaction score
I made my 1st HP soap with 100% olive oil with 5% superfat last week. I unmolded it after the soap was cold and left it on my desk for a week. I pressed on it and felt that it was hard enough. So I tried to bath with it. After getting wet with warm water, it seemed dissolved with some gel on my hard :?:

Does this mean that I should wait another week ? Is there any method that I can know my soap is dried and hard enough to be ready for use ?

A castile (100% OO) takes a long time to cure.I have read that some soapers let it cure 6 months before selling. Is it on a ventilated shelf , air will help some.You don't need to wait 6 months to use , it just takes some time before it is not so slimey.

HTH

Kitn

A 100% OO or Castille soap is a bit slimy, or as you call it gel. Depending on how much water you used might take longer to cure. I am not much with HP, but the longer it sets, the harder it will be, either HP or CP. HTH

Latest posts

Back