Homemade Luminaries

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought is that when you burn the candle & the glass gets hot, the glue will melt & run down the side of the glass. Don't know, but I would be leary. They look very pretty.

That is a really cool idea. I think I might try this and make myself some new Christmas decorations :D Although I don't think I would do the top lip of the jar.. maybe just up to the top and stop (it looks like she goes a tiny bit inside the lip).

To address Tabitha's idea about the glue melting... I wonder if using a larger diameter jar would help? That way the flame would be farther away from the sides of the jar and the heat would dissipate more quickly?

It is covered in a sealer (the spray paint) and she doesn't mention anything about it getting too hot but who knows.

Tabitha said:
My thought is that when you burn the candle & the glass gets hot, the glue will melt & run down the side of the glass. Don't know, but I would be leary. They look very pretty.

Only one way to find out - its cheap enough to have a go and a failure.

Wow! They're really pretty! My daughter would love one of those. She likes those glittery, pretty things. I might make her one. I just have to get those epsom salts. :wink:

Latest posts

Back