Hobby Lobby today....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that! I was made fun of in school because I always read either the dictionary or encyclopedias during free time. But, ya know? I always made high grades in nearly all my classes. I still have the massive Webster's dictionary my mom had growing up. Printed in the 1960's, complete with a section on etiquette and other social stuff. According to my family, I became a walking dictionary thanks to that thing.

I had dyslexia as a child (still do) and the readings helped me out. Gran said that the word was spelled right in my head, it was just when I wrote it down that problems started. I didn't know what happened to those revered tomes, but I have all of them via the "Net" now.

I had dyslexia as a child (still do) and the readings helped me out. Gran said that the word was spelled right in my head, it was just when I wrote it down that problems started. I didn't know what happened to those revered tomes, but I have all of them via the "Net" now.

One of my cousins is dyslexic. Wonder if gram and his mom had done that, if it'd have helped him any. Took years before they were able to get him tested for it. By the time he was acknowledged as having it, he'd grown too freaking lazy to put forth any effort on things.
While I love being able to access up-to-date(ish) info on the web, I really miss those heavy books.

One of my cousins is dyslexic. Wonder if gram and his mom had done that, if it'd have helped him any. Took years before they were able to get him tested for it. By the time he was acknowledged as having it, he'd grown too freaking lazy to put forth any effort on things.
While I love being able to access up-to-date(ish) info on the web, I really miss those heavy books.

I know, nothing smells as good as an old book. I still read real books, and love to go to the Library.

I know, nothing smells as good as an old book. I still read real books, and love to go to the Library.

I’ve always loved old libraries that have old books in them waiting for me to discover what I don’t know yet. I learned to love the nonfiction about “sailing around the world” stories of men and real women who either finished the trip for their captain husband ( she was navigator for trip) that died or those running away from poor conditions in England. Love Joshua slocum & Bernard Moitessier. I actually have a long time fear of water but learned to have faith in a floating boat. Wanna go drift fishing again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back