High-End, Unique Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has found an FO or FO supplier that offer fragrances that smell fancy-pants or "high end". Obviously, it doesn't HAVE to cost a ton ;), but I'm willing to pay a little extra if the FO is worth it. I'm looking for something special to use in products for myself, family, & close friends as a treat.
I'd also prefer something unique- no dupes or a popular FO that all suppliers/sellers offer.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has found an FO or FO supplier that offer fragrances that smell fancy-pants or "high end". Obviously, it doesn't HAVE to cost a ton ;), but I'm willing to pay a little extra if the FO is worth it. I'm looking for something special to use in products for myself, family, & close friends as a treat.
I'd also prefer something unique- no dupes or a popular FO that all suppliers/sellers offer.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Can you define "high end" and "fancy"? To me, a nice lilac is "fancy." Are you talking about a dupe of a particular expensive perfume?

Can you define "high end" and "fancy"? To me, a nice lilac is "fancy." Are you talking about a dupe of a particular expensive perfume?
Haha, good point :) I know my question is vague...I guess I'm looking for something spa/boutique like and a blend. So, probably perfume-y....
Really, anything of good quality that might be unique to a particular supplier. Like, everyone has a OMH, Black Raspberry Vanilla, or an Amber Romance....

check out DEVIOUS by Nurture. you can get a sample for 2.49. I just made a soap with it and I love it--a little fruity--a little flowery and fresh smelling

Fragrance Buddy has several perfume dupes and I’ve been happy with what I’ve gotten from them. I wear Amarige and ordered their version. While not exact, it’s pretty good. Sweet Cakes also has some good ones. I love Naran Ji from there, but neroli is a favorite of mine. It isn’t perfumy to me, but seems upscale to my nose. I mix it with SC orange blossom. Ralph Lauren Blue is another favorite, but is pretty light in soap.

If you’re looking for “high-end,” I personally believe EOs are the way to go. Bergamot is one of those things in the background that elevates almost anything to which you add it. I also subscribe to the high-middle-low philosophy...picking something from each category and blending them. Many on here know of my new love affair with anise. It’s another EO that, much to my chagrin, makes everything it touches smell like it came from Tiffany’s. Also, don’t forget the visuals for making a really special bar. People like a great swirl of color in their soap because it makes it unique. Lots of people can pour a decent soap that smells good. Final thought: Tastes in fragrance run the gamut. Some like really floral scents. Others like something musky and earthy. Then there’s everything in between.

Saponificarian, check for skin-safe ratings on those fragrances, since they are primarily marketed to candles. They aren't necessarily both.
Thanks @CaraBou. Will give them a call before ordering. I did get a 2oz fragrance from a friend that was absolutely delish! And it was body safe from wooden wick.

Not all of their fragrances are skin safe:

"Can I use LAB & CO candle fragrances in soap or other body products?
LAB & CO fragrances are specifically formulated for candle making. However, some of the fragrances might be approved for use in other products. Please contact [email protected], including the fragrance you are specifically inquiring about and in what application you would like to use it in for additional information."

Scent is such a personal thing! I love Dragon's Blood and also I love Teakwood & Cardamom blended with Mediterranean Fig. I am on a search for a supplier of the latter right now, myself because the bottles I used were given to me and I forgot to write down the vendors! But boy do I love the scent of the soap I made with those FO's almost 3 years ago. The scent is still going strong, too!

Scent is such a personal thing! I love Dragon's Blood and also I love Teakwood & Cardamom blended with Mediterranean Fig. I am on a search for a supplier of the latter right now, myself because the bottles I used were given to me and I forgot to write down the vendors! But boy do I love the scent of the soap I made with those FO's almost 3 years ago. The scent is still going strong, too!
the teakwood and cardamom sounds interesting--I love cardamom

Peak has a Mediterranean Fig https://peakfragrances.com/collections/m-n-o/products/mediterranean-fig

Latest posts

Back