Hi from L.A.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KE6WNH

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm not exactly new to soapmaking, but am re-kindling my interest in it. I've made copper soap, for example, to use as rot-stopper on lumber.

Currently, I've started de-odorizing all the cooking grease I've saved and frozen (I let steam bubble up through it until it no longer smells), and molding it into bars for summertime. Then I plan to start using it for making a couple of monster cakes of soap! I've never actually made soap for personal hand washing though, which is why I'm here... to make sure I get it right before starting my first batch.

BTW I inherited a George Foreman electric grill from my late mother... you wouldn't believe how much grease this thing can fry out of a hamburger patty! More material for making soap, instead of clogging my arteries.

Hello & welcome - how cool is it that you are recycling that way - that's how my grandmothers did it too..... uhmmmm - what is copper soap?

KE6WNH said:
Hi everyone... I'm not exactly new to soapmaking, but am re-kindling my interest in it. I've made copper soap, for example, to use as rot-stopper on lumber.

Currently, I've started de-odorizing all the cooking grease I've saved and frozen (I let steam bubble up through it until it no longer smells), and molding it into bars for summertime. Then I plan to start using it for making a couple of monster cakes of soap! I've never actually made soap for personal hand washing though, which is why I'm here... to make sure I get it right before starting my first batch.

BTW I inherited a George Foreman electric grill from my late mother... you wouldn't believe how much grease this thing can fry out of a hamburger patty! More material for making soap, instead of clogging my arteries.

Hello and welcome!

I use recycled cooking grease for my all purpose soap.....basically, I use it for dishes, laundry soap, household cleaning and all that stuff. If you have any questions when you're ready, let me know. :)

Back