Herbal Lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing we need to do is to infuse some herbs.

Wrap in cheese cloth the following herbs (these will make your tea bags & make 2)

2 tablespoons of each of the following:

* Marshmallow Root
* Nettles
* Witch Hazel Leaf
* Rose petals

Tie the bag tightly with a string or fold over and tie corners together.

Place one bag into a pot of water holding 16 ounces and simmer for a couple of hours topping up the water as necessary. Remove from heat and pour into a sealer jar, put this into the fridge to keep for a couple of days.

In another pot put in 16 ounces of Apricot Kernel (or preferred oil for lotions) and put the second "tea bag" in. On low warm the oil and let it sit for several hours. Turn off the heat and leave it overnight. The next day turn the pot back on to low and let it heat again for several hours. Leave in pot and let cool overnight.

The next day remove the bags from both the oil and the water. Measure what you need and then you can freeze the left-over water and put the rest of your oil in a sealer jar to store in a dark cupboard.

RECIPE

15% Infused Oil
5% Shea Butter
5% Jojoba Oil
5% E-Wax
10% Infused Water
55% Distilled Water
1% Geranium EO
1% Lavender EO
1% Rosewood EO
1% Preservative (or whatever amount highest recommended amount of your preferred preservative)

Directions

Place infused oil, shea butter, jojoba oil and ewax in a double boiler to melt. Once melted keep it on the heat for 15 minutes.

Place infused water and distilled water into a pot and heat to boiling, low boil for 10 minutes and then re-weigh to make sure you have enough water. If low add distilled water only.

Add the oil to the water and SB off and on until beneath 30% C at which point you are going to add your preservative and essential oils.

I hope you enjoy......

Do you think I can replace some of the water with goat milk ? No more than 5-10% from what I am reading ... and reading .. and reading. I think I've over read and now just need to "make" some!

Thanks for being so generous and sharing your recipe, Lindy!

I haven't made any lotion for almost a year and this sounds like the recipe to get me motivated. :D

Sorry not been around for awhile.

Holland Homestead - yes you can replace up to 12% with goat's milk - make sure you are using your preservative at it's highest recommended mark to cover the GM, also you will need to mix it with your water to be brought up to temperature in order to sterilize.

Green Soap that was supposed to say 30 degrees Celsius - sorry for the error.

Latest posts

Back