Help! Is there any way to remelt CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I made some soap a few months back which has been aging in paper. Today I thought I'd just melt 6lbs of it and add color and some lavender oil, maybe some oats...
The problem is; it doesn't want to melt! With a little research, after the fact, I have learned the M&P soap is different in some way.
I'm hoping there was some way to make it into a M&P soap, maybe adding a small amount of water or oil.

Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Knowing the proper terminology sure make a big difference when doing a Google search.

Well I guess it's time to get the cheese grader out.

Success! I found it easiest to only heat it to about 125F and mix it with my hands. It was softer at higher temps, but the leverage of the spoon was working against me too much.
I found that the inside of the soap was still quite meltable, wile the outside had cured to a leathery shell. When warm it reminded me of a dried out hunk of cheese. But after using the cheese grader the softer inside melted quite well and suspended the harder bits.
This project took about twice as long as planned, but that's how most of my projects go.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back