Help, flower fail...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Appalasia

Reaction score
I tried my first attempt at making soap roses. What a disaster. I used a #102 tip. Big end was at the bottom. Why do they look so awful? Any tips would be greatly appreciated lol!!!
20190213_184414.jpg

The big end goes towards the top when piping roses. And arch the tip as you pipe. Now, I’ve never tried to pipe soap but decorated cakes for 8 years. Roses are tough, I never mastered them but they were passable. Took me a lot of time and practice.

The big end goes towards the top when piping roses. And arch the tip as you pipe. Now, I’ve never tried to pipe soap but decorated cakes for 8 years. Roses are tough, I never mastered them but they were passable. Took me a lot of time and practice.
Huh! Really?? I, too, thought the big end went to the bottom. Learned something today!

Here's a video that does a good job of showing the batter consistency. Not sure if piping cherry blossoms is different than roses, but they have the wide end of the tip facing down and to the center. Just checked to see if roses were different and 2 videos later (now I'm a real expert, ha ha), they show the wide end down too. I attached the rose one as well, although the beginning is a bit of a train wreck.

I don't think they look that bad. The only thing I could suggest is that perhaps your soap batter needed to be a little thicker??
Ok i will try that! Ty!!

Lmao i watched a video that said the opposite so i will def try that! Ty!!!!

Here's a video that does a good job of showing the batter consistency. Not sure if piping cherry blossoms is different than roses, but they have the wide end of the tip facing down and to the center. Just checked to see if roses were different and 2 videos later (now I'm a real expert, ha ha), they show the wide end down too. I attached the rose one as well, although the beginning is a bit of a train wreck.

Oh ty i will def check these out!!!!

Oh ty i will def check these out!!!!
I LOVE those cherry blossoms!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back