Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to assume that by "HS" you mean solid bar soap; is that correct? If so, you can certainly do that, but oils don’t behave the exact same way in LS that they do in bar soap. In other words, the qualities that you see listed on the soap calculator are for bar soap, and not necessarily reflective of how the LS will behave.

Also, unless you are adding an emulsifier or solubilizer of some kind, for most LS recipes, you should use very low super-fat (typically 2% max), as well as lower amounts of EOs/FOs (often around 1 to 2%). Otherwise, the extra SF, EO, or FO will separate from the diluted LS, giving you a visibly separated layer on top of the LS.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that by "HS" you mean solid bar soap; is that correct? If so, you can certainly do that, but oils don’t behave the exact same way in LS that they do in bar soap. In other words, the qualities that you see listed on the soap calculator are for bar soap, and not necessarily reflective of how the LS will behave.

Also, unless you are adding an emulsifier or solubilize of some kind, for most LS recipes, you should use very low super-fat (typically 2% max), as well as lower amounts of EOs/FOs (often around 102%). Otherwise, the extra SF, EO, or FO will separate from the diluted LS, giving you a visibly separated layer on top of the LS.
yes, I knew I was probably using the abbreviation wrong but yes that is what I mean, thank you so much for the feedback! ❤️

Latest posts

Back