Hello new here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babygirl

Reaction score
Hi my name is Stephanie and I am wanting to learn how to make soaps and other bath and body products. I am not sure where to start. I did order the Soapmaker's Companion book today hopefully that will help me figure out where to get started. Any suggestions on where to start would great too.

I'm a newbie too. Just start going through old threads and read, read, read....that's what I'm doing.

Oh...and google is my friend :D

Welcome and best wishes!

Welcome and Happy Soaping!!! I have many nice and helpful people here to assist with the soaping journey. Take Care!

Tank

Welcome!! This is the BEST place to learn. I enjoyed the book you ordered; I hope you do, too. Very interesting reading. I devoured it when I was a newbie.

The advice to READ READ READ is good advice. Have fun!

Are there any other books I should invest in?

Thank you for the welcome. This forum seems very friendly and has a lot of good advice.

Hellooo

Hello everyone,
My name is Ann and like Stephanie I have been wanting to learn about soap making for a long time. I've bought a couple of books but have not got around to taking the plunge yet (from what I've read though, I really need to get a good set of scales first:eek:/

As well as wanting to finally get around to making my own soaps, I am also an eCommunications student and was hoping that you wouldn't mind if I used these forums to conduct a little research in what makes a successful virtual community.

This does not involve in any way, using the data that I collect for anything other than a college research paper that will be seen only by my tutor and myself. The nature of the data that I am interested in gathering identifying the characteristics of the communications that occur within the forum community.

I would also if you agree to this, may like to interview a couple of you maybe post a survey which users could complete online regarding varying aspects of their involvement with virtual communities. This would not require any personal information from your users and the data would not be used for any other purpose than to generate information for research paper that I am writing.

Please let me know your thoughts (good or bad)
Thank you
Ann

Back