Hello from Wisconsin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadowwoods

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Elisa and I am new to soap making. I made my first batch of soap ever yesterday, and it was using the cold process method. It was very exciting to say the least!

I am looking forward to learning, experimenting, and of course having fun in this new interest of mine.

I have one question already. What kind of soap molds do folks use? And more importantly, how do you know what size mold to use given the recipe? I need to know as I want to make soap again ASAP and since I used quart containers of milk, I'd like to have more options.

Thanks so much!!

Elisa

Hello and welcome from Portland, OR.

You will have a lot of fun here....it's very friendly, and it's a great resource. I would suggest looking through the recipes and tutorials.

Quart milk cartons make great molds....so do cottage cheese containers and the like. I also use Gladware.....found molds like that are great for your first batches. After that, if you decide you still want to soap.....you can invest in better molds.

If you want to adjust for mold size, there is one online calculator that will let you automatically resize.....it's here.

http://www.summerbeemeadow.com/

MikeInPdx said:
Hello and welcome from Portland, OR.

You will have a lot of fun here....it's very friendly, and it's a great resource. I would suggest looking through the recipes and tutorials.

Quart milk cartons make great molds....so do cottage cheese containers and the like. I also use Gladware.....found molds like that are great for your first batches. After that, if you decide you still want to soap.....you can invest in better molds.

If you want to adjust for mold size, there is one online calculator that will let you automatically resize.....it's here.

http://www.summerbeemeadow.com/

Thanks for your friendly post, your great suggestions, and the online calculator. I'm off to make more soap tomorrow!

-Elisa

Back