Hello From the Windy City

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobynB

Reaction score
Hi, Im from Chicago. I hope to find new and interesting things here as well as share some of my own expreiences.

Ah, Chicago! Spent my (first) honeymoon there... love that city! I was born about 3 hours due west of there in Rock Island, on the banks of the Mississippi. :)

@Zany - I admire your mom. No way I'd give birth on a river bank.
Smack Laugh.gif

Welcome! You are not too far away! Just about 2 hours. Madison, WI. I don't see many folks from this region. Welcome :)

Thanks guys! Just getting used to this forum & loving it!

I make all whipped body butters. bubble bars, beard care items and of course SOAP! I started with HP and then went to CP for a bit. I have started suing SBHP/SJHP and I am in LOVE! I think I want to soap mort than anything else! Cant wait to learn more!

Hi, Im from Chicago. I hope to find new and interesting things here as well as share some of my own expreiences.

Hi everyone. My name is Shannon and I’m very new here. I just started making soap in May. I’m having a great time. I appreciate all the advice and support members here offer the newly addicted.

Robyn, you’re very close to me. I’m in the western suburbs.

Shannon

Welcome, Robyn and Shannon, too. I am about 150 miles West of you almost to the Iowa border. I don't get up to Chicago that often, but when I do, we take the train. Sometimes an overnight or two, sometimes just for the day. In fact, my husband is planning a couple of days for the Taste of Chicago next month. He hasn't made the reservations yet, so I'm not sure if it's going to really happen. We had a great time the last time we attended that event, though, so I hope we do it again this year.

Hi Earlene
Thank you for the welcome. The taste is a lot of fun. My husband goes yearly during lunch. I hope you are able to make it this year. Keep us posted.
I’ve been having a great time soaping and learning from the experience of all the members. I appreciate all the feedback and experience members generously share.
Thanks again,
Shannon

Back