Hello from Scotland

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ananke

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to soap making, I had my first go last year and it turned out pretty well so I am going to attempt to make some more as christmas gifts this year for the girls in the family.

I have grown calendula and comfrey and hope to use these in some of the soaps and I also want to have a go at some goats milk soap.

Hi to you both! I'm from Scotland too, the Paisley area, now I live away. I'm coming home for 3 weeks next month, can't wait - first time in 7 years. Hoping to see lots of handmade soap. Won't get to Skye though :(

Ananke, welcome to the forum, it's very informative :)

SoapMakingAdvice, is there a supplier you use based in the UK? I'd like to order some supplies while I'm home. Thanks!

Hi I'm from Scotland too, the Isle of Bute. I'm new to soap making, so far I've made an unscented soap using olive oil, coconut oil, and palm oil. Then I used the same recipe again but added lavender essential oil. The most recent was another recipe using olive oil, coconut oil, then mixing the lye with frozen coconut milk instead of water. They've all turned out well I think, they're all still curing. My first soap was only made on 1st August, so another couple of weeks should do it. Hope they're all good to use :))

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Hi SoapMakingAdvice, I'm in Glasgow. What a beautiful part of Scotland you live in :)

Hi Ancel, how very exotic living in Costa Rica, just a wee bit different from Renfrewshire I bet :)

Hi Lizteria (love the name lol), another beautiful Island. Sounds like you've been busy, I like the coconut milk idea, I have a can in the cupboard and might give that a try too.

Hi Hazel, thanks for the welcome, I love the idea of goats milk with the calendula.

I'd like to know if there are any local suppliers too, I used a well known online retailer for the supplies I have at the moment. (not sure about the site rules regarding advertising just yet)

SoapMakingAdvice, is there a supplier you use based in the UK? I'd like to order some supplies while I'm home. Thanks!

Hi there, sorry to butt in to your question but I have been using a company based in Plymouth called Soaposh. I have made three orders so far and each one turned up within 48 hours. The last one actually turned up at 10:00 this morning (Friday) - and I didn't order it until 6:30 on Wednesday evening!

I'm sure there will be plenty of other suggestions for you from more experienced soapers. :D

Thanks Ratzakli! I'll check them out.

Ananke, I'm from Renfrewshire too, Bridge of Weir :)

SoapMakingAdvice and Ratzakli you must get a lot of inspiration for soap making up on the Isles!

Nice to 'meet' you all.

Latest posts

Back