Hello from Scotland

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelwings

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Audrey from Paisley in Scotland, I'm 37 and confused lol!

I'm interested in soap making, but have never tried it before, and being a complete newbie I've been looking around the internet to find out where to begin but have managed to confuse myself totally, can anyone give me an idea of a good book that could basically give me the idiots guide to soap making lol, or even any hints and tips would be very welcome.

I originally started to look at cold process soap making, but then found pages about melt and pour soap making, having looked at both processes I can see benefits in both styles but wondered what most people use/prefer?

Sorry, I know I'm rambling, but i'm now completely lost :roll:

Don't be sorry that you're confused! That's how we all start out isn't it? :D That's what this forum's here for :D
A book that I found very helpful was Smart Soapmaking by Anne L. Watson. Another really great one is the Everything soapmaking book.
Hope that helps and good luck!

Welcome!
Soapmaking is addictive! Keep notes!

Scotland is so beautiful. I really think I should have been born there. I love Hamish MacBeth so much I married an American Scot. My inlaws have a summer house in Fortrose, about 15km north of Inverness. I'm insane with jealousy.

I went to Scotland a few years ago to attend a wedding (my boyfriend's cousin) and while I was there managed to meet up with a soaper/chandler I'd met on another forum.

You have a beautiful country peopled by lovely folk.

Thanks for the info :) I'm now slightly less confused as I've had a chance to look through this forum and found loads of hints and tips.

I've sort of cheated for my first soaps and went out and bought a kit, thought it might be a bit easier for me to try for the first time - cant wait to get started!

And I'm so glad you like Scotland, we might be a small country but we're mighty prettly lol The Inverness area is wonderful, I've been up there quite a few times, I'm about 4 hours drive away from that area (just outside Glasgow) but it's well worth the drive to get there. :D

Latest posts

Back