Hello from MD

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4283

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm the latest member to the forum. I've been thinking of making soap for a year or so, but have always been scared off by the lye. I decided to seriously look into it and came across SMF. I've read through the tutorials and they have taken the scary part out of the process. I know there is still the threat of something bad happening, but I know that I need to take it slow and be certain of everything I do.

I'm traveling for work next week, but I've printed out the beginners tutorial and will be attempting to track down the material to make my first batch of unscented soap when I get home.

Anyone have any suggestions for a beginner, feel free to offer that advice. But for now I'll be reading as many posts as I can.

Welcome to the forum! I know what you mean about the lye. That's what initially put me off trying CP. But it's really just common sense and once you get started...you can't stop. :lol:

Ditto on the Addiction...
And Welcome!

I will say that for me the lye scare was an issue too
then weith goggles on and gloved for action I just
took the plunge. As long as you respect the lye
as a hazard and not get lazy with saftey everything
falls into place.

Well there are occasional curses muttered when
the swirls or coloring go wrong... but this is such
a hands on learning experience.
Reading a ton helps to start at the right places
but you have to Read and experiment at the same