Hello from Manchester, UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapaul

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Paul, I'm from Manchester in the UK. Before someone says it, no! I am not a Man United fan! I don't even like football!
cheesy.gif

I started making cold process soap about 6 months ago after watching a documentary about soap making on TV. I must say, it may not be the "coolest" hobby for a early thirties guy but I'm addicted anyway. I have a science education background but I don't do that for a living, so soap making has become my science buffer as I still get to play with chemicals and it's fun!

I have experimented with a few recipes so far, some have worked out for me, and others have not! My "goats milk & honey" CP soap turned out great, so did my "Mint Shea", on the other hand my "Banana Soap" was an absolute disaster!!!

Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself and get involved

Thanks for reading! :)

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I wouldn't worry about what other people think about soapmaking as a hobby. As long you enjoy it, your friends will eventually learn to appreciate it especially if you give them samples. Who knows? You may even have some interested in learning, too.

Welcome, Paul!
Soaping will be a good indoor hobby for all those rainy Manchester days! I used to travel there a lot on business, and it always seemed to be raining ....! And as Hazel has said, your friends won't laugh when they realize how wonderful it is to use handmade soap.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Welcome to the forum. Your science background should be very helpful with this new hobby.

Latest posts

Back