Hello From Madison, Wi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiritualcelt

Reaction score
Hello,

I am Janet from Madison, Wi. I am a candle maker by trade. I work with Lyschel at the CandleCocoon.com and I am a closet soap dabbler.

Since I have access to goats milk it seems a shame to not understand, the process and learn more. I look forward to getting to know you.

Janet

Hello & Welcome from Canada's Sunshine Coast. It's great that you're coming out of the closet and bravely admitting you a soaper.....

Cheers
Lindy

Thank you

Too funny, yes I am out of the closet. I am probably more helpful with candle questions. Yet as a young child my great-grandmother allowed me to help her make soap, wish I had paid better attention.

Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I am happy to help with candle questions. I appreciate the warm welcome from around the world.

Mike I promised myself I will get to Portland and for that matter BC.

I love Pendleton Wool and would love to go to the Mill Outlet. Don't think I am a mall shopper, I am not I much prefer to support small business.

My eclectic hobbies truly have narrowed over the years.

Thank you, again

Hi Janet!

Wow it really is a small world! I'm so glad you are interested in getting into soapmaking! Now you can help me with scents from CC that hold up well in CP. Ice Crystals and Sunflower and Sea Mist hold up nicely! Glad to see you here.

Darcy

Earthly Intentions LLC

Hi DarcyLynn!

Small world indeed. Good to see you here also.

Most of my soap making so far has been M&P. Every time I decide I will do CP I get a large wholesale candle order and CP gets pushed back.

The day I signed up for this forum I got 3 new wholesale candle accounts. ;-)

My suspicious is the super concentrated oils and oils that are high in essential oils by volume will hold up the best. Since you have more experience with CP can you given me a ball park as to the percentage of scent you are using?

Glad to see you here and with the Sample Sale going on You can purchase a sample pack that includes the Amore Dolce, Maui Mt, Pineapple and Sage and Chamomile by simply ordering 1 ounce of the Amore Dolce, 1 ounce of the Maui Mt. Pineapple and 1 ounce of the Sage and Chamomile and 3 different 1 ounces sizes of fragrances of your choice. Simply use the coupon code "Sample Sale" when checking out and $6.00 will be deducted from your total.

This will be such fun, more ways to expand my personal line. I will look to you for guidance...

"If everyone lights just one little candle what a bright world we will have"
Janet

Whoa there! I just poured my 4th batch of soap today...lol... I am pretty sure that makes me INexperienced in the CP world! I do hope you love it as much as I do so far!

Congrats on staying busy with your wholesale candle sales!

So far... I have used .5/pp of oils (today's batch was with Ginger CHiffon) ... I used the same amount with the Sunflower and Sea Mist and Ice Crystals... and both held well. We'll see with the ginger... only time will tell!

I just ordered a soap mold... so I will have to hold off for a bit on my next order to Lyschel but thanks for info! Take Care...

Darcy's soap

Oh but know I have seen pictures of your soap. You seem to have a natural talent. If this is your beginning your future looks bright.

Latest posts

Back