Hello from Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylie_au

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm Kylie from central coast qld, australia.I've been lurking around here for a while now.
I've been making soap & skincare products for around 10 yrs now, and had a business for a few years, but life got in the way.
I'm back to building business again, and doing what makes me happy
It is good therapy. :smile:
Cheers,
Kylie

Last edited:
I am also a fellow Aussie from Brisbane that has been lurking around here for a while now and figured it was time I actually signed up.

Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone.
Glad to find fellow aussies , aussieorchid, fuzz-juzz

1 question, do any of the aussie soapers do swaps anymore? That was something I used to enjoy too.

Last edited:
Hi Kylie

I too am an Aussie. What name where you under here in the forum before ? Aussie swaps do go on, but as not many meet the criteria for the swap rules we haven't had one in a while. Also with the cost of postage and prepaid envelopes it would not be cost effective unless there were a minimum of 10 per swap. I would run one , IF and only IF the members met the criteria and a 10 minimum. In the past people have signed up and dropped out at the last moment, which is not fair to the ones left. The last swap 11 signed up and 6 dropped out without letting anyone know, so they will never get to play again.

Here are the rules

1) DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any swap, sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members.

2) Above disclaimer must be posted at the beginning of each swap, sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other similar transactions

3) SMF encourages active membership and require a minimum of (100) posts & (3) months membership before participating in a swap, posting any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other similar transaction.

4) Swaps are to be hosted by mods only at this time. An exception may be made if a member meets the following criteria:
...permission from the mod team
...minimum 500 posts
...minimum 6 months active membership
...favourable participation in at least 1 swap in past 6 months
..no swap drop outs in the past year

5) Please PM a mod or admin if you want to suggest a swap.

6) Please keep all sales, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale or similar ads relevant to the needs of this forum.

7) This forum auto prunes every 30 days.

Mods reserve the right to delete any post that does not adhere to the above points at their discretion.

Multiple offenses may result in the deletion of your account & the banning of your IP.

Thank you for your cooperation in keeping this a safe & friendly forum.

The SMF admin/mod team

Hi Relle,
I don't think i was registered here before and certainly didnt take part in a swap on this site.
My swap question was a general question, not specifically about members swapping on this forum, but aussie soaper groups in general.
I have googled and couldnt find any info regarding recent swaps, so i thought i would ask here.

If there was a swap i would love to participate.

I would love to participate in a swap as well if one ever comes up. :)

Last edited:
Hi Relle,
I don't think i was registered here before and certainly didnt take part in a swap on this site.
My swap question was a general question, not specifically about members swapping on this forum, but aussie soaper groups in general.
I have googled and couldnt find any info regarding recent swaps, so i thought i would ask here.

If there was a swap i would love to participate.

I'll run one if you meet the criteria. It would cost the price of two 3 kg pre paid post packs plus the cost of your soap.
Postpacks are $13.40 ea - $26.80 Total in postage.

Back