Hello from an Okie!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
I wasn't born in Oklahoma, but I've been here long enough I can call myself one now.

Making soap has been on my mind for over a year now. That's how long I've been compiling lists of bars of soaps, scent combinations, tips, techniques, ingredients, and tons of other information for that day I finally mix my first soap. Less than a week ago (10/28/13 to be exact), I poured my first batch of Cold Process soap, and I have now poured five total mixtures! The first three were not successful, and the fourth and fifth will be unmolded tomorrow, but what I am learning from practical experience is worth more than all the research I did.

In these beginning days for me, this forum has been my security blanket. Thank you, everyone, for all the supportive and informative threads. I'm glad this site exists for all us new soap makers out there!

Hey, Fabius! I see you're in Michigan. That's where I was born! Are you a troll or a yooper? I was a troll in the southwest corner of the mitten. I miss those gorgeous MI summers!

Southwest corner? New Buffalo? We are in the middle of the mitten, Canadian Lakes. Near Big Rapids.

Latest posts

Back