Hello from a Somerset soaper!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velvetgoldmine

Reaction score
Hello! Hi! :)

I'm a newbie soaper from Somerset, UK. My sister-in-law bought me a soaping book for my birthday and now I want to turn everything I see into soap.

I've made about seven teeny tiny batches so far, have been pretty pleased with some of them and totally underwhelmed by others, so I wanted to join this community to get some feedback and tips on how to improve. I find scenting the most difficult thing to manage.

My soaping ethos is mostly no tallow (or similar) my extended family are all vegetarian and since they're about to have many bars of soaps forced upon them, I'm avoiding animal fats. So far I've been using EOs in all of my soaps, but I've been a bit ...'eh' about the results, so I might have to try some FOs too.

Looking forward to chatting more with you all!

Welcome, velvetgoldmine. I started out with only EOs when new as well. My favorites remain Lavender and Lemongrass (although I've never tried them together.) But I also like Rosemary and Eucalyptus and they also seem to last pretty well in soap. And Tea Tree EO is really strong and long lasting, but a little goes a long way!

I was just working with an 11 month old soap I made with Lemongrass EO and boy I just can't get enough of it. Loving the clean crisp lemony scent. I'd forgotten how much I like lemongrass.

Anyway, I branched out to FOs and I gotta tell ya - watch out! It's addicting.

Latest posts

Back